Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Safe arrival, dinner for 24, interview w/Pres King, and out to work!

We received a lovely email from Sister King today:


Dear Parents,
We are so happy to have your wonderful sons serving with us here in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission!    They arrived Monday afternoon and ate dinner with us (as well as the mission's senior couples--as we do a family home evening with them once a month--and that was the night--dinner for 24!).  They were then interviewed by President King, found out where they'd be serving, then met their new companions and went straight to their proselyting areas.  You should get a letter from them soon.  We're glad we get to keep Elder McGregor for the length of his mission...and we will enjoy the five Bolivian visa waiters for as long as we have them!   We are grateful for their service and the incredible part they will play in bringing people to Christ.

Thank you for your many sacrifices to have them here--they will all be an amazing addition to our wonderful missionary force here in the north Atlanta area.  Please feel free to contact me, should you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

President & Sister King

Georgia Atlanta North Mission

*Preparation Days are on Mondays--so that's when they can read your emails.  They are allowed to email only their parents--and, if you want their letters sent to others in the family or friends... you can just forward them.  




I also got this response on Tuesday from one of the couple sister missionaries working in the office when I asked if Trent had arrived on the originally scheduled flight (his layover was just minutes in SLC):
"Elder McGregor is here, and seemed ready to hit the ground running!  We met him last night at dinner at President and Sister King’s house.  He has been assigned to a great area, and a fine companion.  I’m sure he will do very well."


Now we're looking forward to hearing from Elder McGregor himself!


Here is a larger map of the mission's Zones and Stakes.  Double click and it will become much larger:

7 comments:

kels said...

yea elder fent!!! :)

JPF said...

Great articles about the south. Can't wait to hear more from Trent--specifically where he is serving!

JPF said...

Where did you get the Mission area (Zones & Stakes) Map? I want to look at it more closely, but it is too small to see on this page.

SMcG said...

Sister King sent it last week. When I put it on full size it boinked out of the area it was supposed to be in. Let me see what I can do...

SMcG said...

Okay - it's now at the bottom of this post. Double click it and it pops up much larger. xo

Katie said...

yay elder... fent! :)

Katie said...

lol I just saw that kels wrote almost the exact thing I did earlier. :)