Sunday, November 7, 2010

G.R.I.T.S. Good Report In The South newsletter

Here's the latest newsletter from Sister King along with the email she sent encouraging us to make sure our missionary gets a flu shot, has a winter coat, etc.  I'm guessing Trent has NOT had a flu shot (he never has had one, nor have I for that matter...).  We'll see if he'll break his streak.  He DOES, however, have a great overcoat that we got for him just before he left.  Zip out lining and everything.
Very dapper  : )
But I digress!  Here's the aforementioned:


Dear parents and families,

Hope you enjoy this latest issue of the missionary newsletter...and that it finds you well and happy!

Two requests before the holidays arrive:

1-After taking an informal poll at the first two (of four) zone conferences, we found that only about 25% of the missionaries have followed-through in getting a flu shot, as suggested by Missionary Medical.  The shots typically cost $20-$25 and must come from the missionaries' personal funds.  If possible, we'd love you to make that money available to them in their personal accounts...and, if that is a hardship, please speak to your bishop or stake president, as they are equipped to help in certain situations.  We know that these vaccines will help them avoid the worst strains of flu.

2-It's also getting cold here in the mornings and evenings (and, soon, in the daytime, too)!  This morning, it was 32-degrees...and, believe it or not, those temperatures will drop as we get into December and other winter months.  If your missionary did not bring an overcoat, please send one now or help them purchase one here.  I have a few on hand that have been left behind by departing missionaries, but my supply is low.  Please let me know if your missionary needs one of the coats I have here.

Have a wonderful holiday season.  We hope you all received the "red letter" and can meet that timeline for Christmas gifts.  Any concerns, please email me...  

We feel so blessed to be associated with your wonderful missionaries--thank YOU for your sacrifices to have them here!

Sister King

No comments: