Isabella was confirmed on Sunday, and she's doing fantastic. Edilberto is going to receive the Aaronic Priesthood this Sunday, and we're still working with Fatima and Lucca. Lucca will probably be baptized next Sunday, and Fatima some time in February. So things are going really well, and we're super happy.
And hey! A bunch of visa waiters got their visas! Elder Vitorio (the brazilian) leaves tomorrow! Elder Bodily (my comp) and Elder Nickel (Elder Mundt's comp) leave on Wednesday! So it'll be me and Elders Mundt, Gneiting, Blum and Herzog here in Paper Mill. We haven't had this few in many moons =] But it appears that Elder Mundt, Gneiting and I will all be companions until this upcoming transfer when we'll probably get a fresh load of visa waiters (oh joy!). Boy, I'll be the first to admit that getting two new greenie companions every transfer is kinda stressful and difficult. But I'll get over it.
My birthday was fun! We got a ride with President Alba (first counselor in the mission presidency, and a member of the Paper Mill ward) way up to Cumming, Georgia where Isabella lives to prep her for being confirmed, and to teach her parents (only her mom was home, but it went well). Then we went to a Brazilian family's home (The Naliatis, who are members) and had dinner with Fatima and her kids. Which was lots of fun. Isabella and her family made a bunch of food for us, and the Naliatis obviously made some food as well. So it was a really great day.
So wow! Robert the Bruce! I figured we had to be related to him. I mean, he's awesome, we're awesome; what else could be missing?
Other than that though, it's been a pretty normal-ish week! Don't worry though--transfers are coming soon! More chaos to be had! If there's one thing I've learned very quickly, it's that my mission experience here in Georgia is NOTHING like a normal stateside mission. But I wouldn't want it any other way ;)
Love you guys!
Elder McGregor
Inspiration thought:
"Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! Just keep swiiiiimming, swiiiiiiiiimming, swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimming-- what do we do? We swim, swim-- HAH AH AH AAAH, I love to SWIIIIIIIIIIIIMMING!"
-Dory
No comments:
Post a Comment