Dear Family!
How’s it going?
Things have been great here in the Clear Springs Branch. My companion is Elder Campbell from West Jordan, UT. He was a Visa waiter that came after I went to UGA, who got his Visa, but had foot problems in Brazil. So they sent him back here to the GANM. Awesome. He was in Brazil for about two months, in the Campinas Mission. He speaks great Portuguese and is extremely humble and hardworking. Awesome. : )
Two other elders here are Elder Goodman and Elder Waters, both of which were originally English speakers but got assignment changes. Elder Goodman has been here since I left in March, and Elder Waters has been here since Elder Mundt left in April. They’re both great as well.
The branch has been doing well since it started back in ... June, I think? Fátima has gone a little less active since she was baptized, so we’re visiting her and Lucca on a semi-frequent basis, and we’re trying to get them back to church soon. Awesome.
We don’t really have anyone prospective for baptism, so I’ll keep you updated on that in the future.
So it was kind of a bummer to leave UGA. Not that I want to complain or anything, ha. It’s just one of those things - we had three baptismal dates, and it would’ve been great to have been there to see Kim and Kevin and Laura be baptized. And we had a few other people that we were planning on giving dates as well. But, “tudo bem,” I’m super happy to be back Portuguese-speaking. And I’m sure that the UGA sisters will do a great job with the investigators we were working with.
Then here he asks questions about family members, etc
Here’s something fun I picked up in my personal study today: 1 Nephi 16:6-7. Nephi and Co have been chillin’ in the Valley of Lemuel during the time where they retrieve the brass plates, and get some wifeys. In verse 8 of the same chapter, Nephi informs that upon getting said plates and wives that they fulfilled all the commandments Heavenly Father had given them. Then in 9&10, God gives Lehi further commandments, and provides the Liahona to guide them in their journey into the wilderness. So ... what? God gives us commandments and revelations and until we are obedient to the fulfillment of what has been given, we cannot progress. We must be obedient to the truths of the truth and light of the Gospel which we’ve already received if we intend to progress and receive more light and truth. Pretty cool!
Well, again, hope everything is well on the homefront! I love you all very much! Be excellent to each other!
Elder Trenton McGregor
No comments:
Post a Comment