Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A threesome companionship; a drawing for a DVD about the life of Jesus Christ; and "our little branch has been on fire..."

E McGregor answers several questions we had:

Hello Family!

- So there are going to be three of us this transfer.  Elder Waters has been transferred and Elder Campbell, Elder Vergara and I are a companionship.  The new apartment is great because it's way bigger for about the same price as the old one, and it's way closer to our area that we work in most frequently. So it saves miles for the van.

- Which we are still driving  =]

- We get about 1200 (a 1200 mile allowance) a month, which is better than we used to have.  So we can visit more people than we used to be able to in areas further away.

- Jucy didn't get baptized.  She got cold feet three days before her baptism (even though she told us she wanted to be baptized.  We didn't even bring it up).  Super bummer  = {

- Thankfully, though, we have been able to find more people lately!  We had some creative finding ideas  = ]  We set up a drawing at the local Brazilian stores where people could put their names and phone #s in a jar for a chance to win a free DVD about the life of Jesus Christ  = ]  So after about a week we had 10 people that put their names in.  So we're in the process of calling all of them =]  hee hee.  We said it was a change to win ... we just didn't say the chance to win was 100%  ; )  And we've been finding new investigators in other ways as well.  So we've got many more people to teach than when I arrived here two months ago.  We taught Orvando for the first time last night (first time we've been able to get in with him), and it went really well.  He's got a BoM and is going to read and pray about it  =]

- No positive effects from mormon.org yet.  I don't think those will be manifest for some time.  Although it would be great if I saw the results while I'm still here  = ]

- It's great being back with the members of the Clear Springs Branch.  I really missed having such a wonderful group of people to work with.  Not that UGA wasn't great, but it's just a little different with Brazilians, you know?  = ]

So do y'all remember Karen?  She went a little less active after I left back in March.  We've been visiting her every once in a while and she came to church yesterday!  Woohoo! So that's great.  And her husband, Panta, is from Guatemala and he's super interested in learning more about the church. So we're going to go see them Wednesday and commit him to be baptized.  And this time around we're going to try and get them some solid fellowshippers in the ward so that they don't go less active right away.  But I think that if Panta is there as a support to karen, it'll be easier for them to both stay on track.  So that's exciting.

Our little branch has been on fire as far as missionary work goes!  Everyone is trying to invite their friends to church and to learn more from the missionaries about the gospel, which is another reason we've had more investigators recently  = ]

So, in short, things are going really well.  Hopefully we can have at least one baptism before I'm outta here in December, and if all goes well, more than one.  Hope this letter finds everyone well at home.

I love you guys and I really appreciate all your prayers.  Thanks so much for all your love!

Ate' mais!

Elder McGregor

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I LOVE the idea about the drawing for a DVD. Way to go, Trent!!!!