So today we're planning on playing some ultimate frisbee. We'll have some missionaries there, but we'll probably just pick-up into a game some of the students are probably already playing. It'll be sweet. We'll see if playing intramural at BYU and with my high school friends this last summer has put me on the GA-Collegiate level =]
Well, to be honest, I don't really mind about the Kings anyway. They're really not that great. Now, if Blake Griffin played for the Kings, I might actually take notice... That guy's a beast. So where will they most likely be headed? Rumor amongst the basketball savvy UGA-goers is to San Diego, perhaps? Elder Williams will be.... pleased...?
So, Dah, that's pretty exciting about the (Sacramento) CFO of the year. That'll be cool if it happens. Just make sure they mention you're Mormon-- good PR for ze church. =]
Bete Wright is probably the nicest old woman I've ever met. She's literally willing to do ANYTHING for the missionaries. She asked for our number to call, and I discovered I've forgotten the home phone number. So I busted out your business card, Dah. Oh, and if she calls you again, it's probably because she wants to talk to Mom for a bit.
It's good to hear the Portuguese group is moving right along! I definitely plan on returning at some point after my mission (in addition to any opportunity I have while I'm here) to visit the members there. They're so great, and I miss their spirit. Tell Bro. Baker to tell them I said "oi," and that I have "saudades." (he misses them)
Well, not a whole lot to report. The work is moving forward slowly. We've got 4 progressing investigators, who consistently come to church when they're able. My only fear is that the semester will end and a bunch of them will go home for the summer and we'll never see them again. But God's a smart guy. He'll make sure that what needs to happen happens.
Well, I love you all! Hope everything's awesome back in ze homeland! Tell the Rounds I say hi and that I love them! And Teddy. Although he has some serious competition for attention here on UGA... something about a bulldawg... I guess it's their mascot or something? (I'm going for sarcasm here. It's pretty close to idol worship here with the bulldawg.)
Talk to y'all later!
Elder fenton mcgregor
No comments:
Post a Comment