Hey all!
Yep, temple open house started on Saturday, and apparently it's totally awesome. Not that I was expecting anything different. So we'll be going on wednesday to have interviews and to do stuff at the temple. I'll let you know how it goes.
So we had transfer calls this morning and Elder Williams and I are both staying here for another transfer. Which is awesome, because the work has really come along in this area. We've got 3 investigators progressing right along--Robb, Kristine and Jesse (we dropped Abi but picked up Jesse last monday evening). Robb's still struggling to know if it's true and if he should be baptized, Kristine is super busy, but still making time to meet with us about once a week (she's really close to baptism as well, but doesn't want to rush), and Jesse is a recovering drug...ee? (He wasn't an addict, from what we can tell, but his life certainly took a nose dive from doing drugs) And he's trying to turn his life around. So woohoo! And if we can help him enough to get him obeying the Word of Wisdom, he'll be set for baptism.
Let's see, we played some basketball this p-day, and yours truly scored about 12 points in three games. But we ended up losing in two out of three games. But I still consistently beat Elder Williams at ping-pong, so all is well.
I'm glad Grandma and Grandpa are doing better. And Jesse too? Maybe?
Breaking News: Elder McGregor's summer slacks are TOO SMALL. It's started to get a little more toasty here in GA, and I tried on my non-suit slacks this morning. Unlike Elder McGregor, they haven't gotten any bigger in the last six months. So... I dunno. I guess I've got some slacks in my closet from my Brazil days, but I remember wearing those and them making me look like a pear? Because they're pleated? I dunno. Maybe as a result of my... expansion... they'll fit me better? So maybe you could send those and I'll let you know.
Hmm... Not much else to note. Except this, I guess: that in the short amount of time I've been here at the University of Georgia, I've noticed a direct correlation. Observe with me the following: As the temperature here on UGA Campus goes up, the amount of clothing the girls wear goes down. Odd. But then again, the same correlation to heat and clothing applies to the men wear as well. So... maybe not so odd? Perhaps I've been on my mission too long. ;)
Anywhom, hope things are going well at home. Kelsey, good luck with that switzerland thing. I'm not sure EXACTLY what you'll be doing, but I'm sure it'll be FANTASTIC. Or, at the very least, it'll look that way on your resume ;)
Love to everyone!
Elder Fenton McGregor
No comments:
Post a Comment