Monday, July 18, 2011

Committed to live the Word of Wisdom; new investigators; only five months are left!; and "sorry for the short email..." Plus a picture of the mission's new president and his wife

Hey fam!
So this week was good. We found out Robb's birthday was this last Wednesday (the 13th), so tough luck there. We're going to have a lesson for setting a specific date this week.

Tori committed to live the word of wisdom this last week as well, which is great because she's definitely exercising faith (which appears she didn't know she had).

We had a few new investigators this week. Nick stands out the most in my mind--he's catholic, but he's looking around at different churches, so we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read and pray about it (along with teaching him the first lesson), and it seems that he intends on coming to church this week (he wasn't in athens yesterday). So woohoo!

So things are looking up-- it seems to me that we'll be having at least one baptism this transfer, which is what we're praying for.

At the end of this transfer, I'll have been at UGA for 4 transfers, or roughly 6 months. Crazy. And December is only 5 months away. Seems like I was at 18 months like, a week ago. Now I'm at 19. Crazy.

Sorry for the short email again (I realize I've said that for the past 2 weeks as well... I'll get a nice long one soon. Promise). Love you all!

Elder McGregor

P.S. Brother and Sister Luce. Rings big bells. We would eat breakfast at their home about once a month. Tell her to tell Grandma (if she sees her again) I say hi, and thanks for everything she did for the missionaries =]

Elder Trenton McGregor


Here is a picture and some info on President and Sister Wolfert - recently arrived at the Georgia Atlanta North Mission Home:

      Mark Anthony Wolfert, 54, and Carol Ann Beuchert Wolfert, five children, Georgia Atlanta North Mission; Lakeridge 8th Ward, Orem Utah Lakeridge Stake. He serves as a ward missionary and is a former stake president, high councilor, bishop, counselor in a bishopric and missionary in the Germany Frankfurt Mission. Partner and General Counsel, doTERRA International. Born in Milwaukee, Wis., to Ernest Erich and Ruth Ingeborg Adler Wolfert.
      Sister Wolfert serves as a counselor in a Young Women presidency and is a former gospel doctrine teacher, activity day leader, counselor in Relief Society, Young Women, and Primary presidencies and a Young Women president. Born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to Joseph Fredrick and Fern Matilda Baker Beuchert.

No comments: