Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We don't mind the heat; a cankle; E Ballard is coming!; & speaking in Sacrament Mtg.

This week we sent E McGregor a picture of our "new" office (at home), and asked about the heat there, among other things, of course  : )

 Hey Fam!

Daaang. Look at that office. Quite an upgrade since I was there =]

Yeah, it's pretty hot here in Athens, but we don't mind. Heat doesn't mean much to me anymore...

So last Monday after I emailed y'all we went a played basketball with othe rmissionaries in our Zone. Toward the end of p-day I landed on someone's foot and totally rolled my ankle. I've included a picture of my kankle and bruising =] But no worries-- It's feeling much better.



Sounds like things are going as normal back at home. Huzzah. So what's the latest with G&G McGregor?

So this last week went well. We set a baptismal date for Kim, one of our investigators for late August. So that's pretty exciting =]

The Athens 1st Elders had a baptism on saturday, and we invited 4 or 5 of our investigators to see, but no one was able to go. Too bad. However, the President Wolfert, Sister Wolfert and Tess were there, so that was a really great opportunity to chat and get to know them better =] He's an awesome mission president.

Let's see, here's some fun news: Elder M. Russel Ballard is going to come to Atlanta for a YSA conference in August, and while he's here, he's going to address the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. Awesome!

Xavier, Robb and a new investigator, Nick came to church yesterday, so that was good. Oh, there's a reminder-- Elder Barrett and I spoke during sacrament meeting on Preach My Gospel chapter 5 (The Book of Mormon) and chapter 4 (How can I recognize and understand the Spirit?). Elder Barrett the former, and I the latter. And it went really well, from what I could tell. It's amazing how I have no difficulty speaking at all anymore. I didn't even break a sweat, no butterflies, nothing. Crazy.

Well, sorry... there's not a whole lot more than that. If you have questions I'll be on for a while more =]

Love!
Elder McGregor

PS That picture was 2 days after I rolled my ankle... ha.
Then we asked more about his ankle and if he'd called the mission doctor.

yeah, the cankle was worse the second day, but Elder Barrett has always had bad ankles, so he let me borrow his ankle brace, which I used for the first two days. And yeah, I iced it and all that. And it's gotten better since. The whole Mission Doctor thing is kind of confusing right now with the change in Mission President, so I didn't call in. But things should be good anyway!

Good to hear about everything else.

Love you, mom!
Then I asked him if he was in the doldrums a bit.

No, not in the doldrums =] we're actually doing really well. We've hit standard of excellence 
8 weeks in a row, which is pretty hard to do. So yeah, if I seem down, I promise I'm not =]

Yep, took some advil, and it helped (I think. You know me, I don't ever tell the difference...)

Love you!

No comments: